Join us this summer for virtual fun and cool incentives! It’s Summer Reading with a twist!
July 6-August 17th!
Here is the link to our online account! http://southamptonlibrary.readsquared.com/
Create your account and start logging your reading on July 6th!
Prefer to do a paper log and keep track on your own? Here is the Youth Summer Reading Log 2020! Youth Summer Reading Program Calendar 2020!
Print it out and keep track, but contact us so you can get your ice cream cone from Friendly’s Westfield!
Here is a calendar of events for July:
- Wednesday, July 1 at 6:30pm AAA Safe Cycling Zoom Room for Kids! Please register.
- Wednesday, July 8 at 11:00am Virtual Music Story Time for Kids! Premiere with Mark Moomaw Jackson.
- Thursday, July 9 at 11:00am LIVE for Families: Hike and Scavenger Hunt with Kathleen Bamford. Masks on with social distancing. Please register.
- Tuesday, July 14 at 2:00pm Virtual Ages 13- Adult: Zoom Ukulele Class with Andy Goulet. Please register.
- Tuesday July 14-August 3rd Virtual Ages 13-Adult: The Joy of Photography with Robert Floyd. Conducted via email and finishing with a Zoom Room. Please register.
- Wednesday, July 15 at 11:00am Virtual for Kids! Music Story Time Moomaw 2!
- Tuesday, July 21 at 2:00pm 2nd of 3 Virtual Ages 13-Adult: Zoom Ukulele Class with Andy Goulet. Please register.
- Tuesday, July 21 at 6:30pm Virtual for Ages 7 & younger: Soil Testing video premiere with Kathleen Bamford.
- Wednesday, July 22 11:00am Virtual for Kids: Story Time with Andy Goulet. Premiere on Youtube.
- Saturday, July 25 at 3:00pm. Virtual for Families: “Living Soil” Documentary premiere on our website.
- Tuesday, July 28 at 2:00pm Last of 3 Virtual for Ages 13-Adult: Zoom Ukulele Class with Andy Goulet. Please register.
- Tuesday, July 28 at 6:30pm Virtual Ages 8 & up: Citizen Scientist Premiere. More Soil Testing with Kathleen Bamford.
- Wednesday, July 29 at 11:00am LIVE for Kids: Ballet Story Time in pavilion with Electra Grace. Masks on with social distancing. Please register.
- Thursday, July 30 at 3:30pm Virtual for Ages 16-Adult: Zoom Room Dream Interpretation Class with Psychologist, Jean Pao Wilson.
August schedule of events:
- Tuesday, August 4th at 6:30pm Live! Park and Watch Acrobat Li Liu! Li will perform incredible maneuvers, teach about Chinese culture, and unite us as one community! Families.
- Wednesday, August 5th at 11:00am Live! Kids Ukulele Class with Julie Stepanek! Learn the basic chords and you will be playing songs. Julie will bring clean ukes. This class is limited to 10 and will adhere to social distancing. ®
- Thursday, August 6th at 6:30pm Virtual Dare to Prepare! Get your permit! Join our friends at AAA for a Zoom Presentation on how to prepareto drive! Teenagers. ®
- Monday, August 10-August 14th starting at 10:00am Virtual Write YOUR Story! With Author Illustrator David Hyde Costello! David will present two videos on our website and YouTube just for us on how to take your story from your brain to the page! Kids. ®
- Tuesday, August 11th at 3:00pm Live! Book Folding with Cathy Thibodeau! Bring a 9 inch hardcover book of 150 pages or less and make designs by folding the pages! Families. Please Register.
- Wednesday, August 12th at 11:00am Virtual Chinese Story Time with Emily Yan! Join HRHS Senior, Emily Yan, to learn songs and stories in Chinese on Facebook Live.
- Thursday, August 13th at 11:00am Live! Take a Hike! With Kathleen. Take a guided tour of the plants and animals who live in our park! We will adhere to social distancing. Families.
The Youth Summer Reading Program is brought to you by the following sponsors:
- The Southampton Rotary Club, The Southampton Cultural Council, and the Friends of the Edwards Public Library. Thank you.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN YOUTH SUMMER READING!