What does the library’s extended closing mean for you?
- You do not need to worry about library items that you have with you while we are closed.
- Late fees accrued during our closure will be waived.
- Items you have on our hold shelf will stay here and be available once we open again.
- If you run out of renewals while we are closed, do not worry. Keep the item(s) and fines will not accrue on your account.
- Delivery from other libraries and the Commonwealth Catalog have been suspended for the time being.
- Please leave your food donations for the Community Pantry on the front porch of the Congregational Church for the time being.
- We are suspending accepting your book donations for the Friends Book Sale at this time.
Please keep the following emergency information handy:
- Mass Emergency Management https://mass211.org or call 2-1-1
- Mass Dept. of Public Health https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-guidance-and-directives
- Project Bread Food Source Hotline 800-645-8333 or http://www.projectbread.org/get-help/foodsource-hotline.html
From Attorney General Maura Healey:
- Information about sick time laws: 617-727-3465
- Help with insurance claims or medical bills: 888-830-6277
- Report price gouging or defective products: 617-727-8400
- If you’re having difficulty negotiating a travel refund or are concerned about a potential scam, consider filing a complaint: www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint